Saturday, July 10, 2010

Business and Life Updates

It has been an amazing, hectic, fun, eventful three weeks! Lulu and I picked up Steven on the 22nd of June. It was a joyous and tearful moment when we met him at the terminal. We were over an hour early, because she INSITSTED we wait for him at the airport. We drove to dinner to meet family and about two hours later we discovered the window to the truck was shattered, and some of Stevens belongings were scattered in the parking lot; however the items with the highest value had been stolen. Which included his wallet, laptop, suitcase, prescription glasses and luggage; we were devastated! The next day we were able to recover his passport because of a good Samaritan. We felt blessed by the number of family members and friends whom offered to help. We were then off to Disneyland and San Diego. Time has gone by so quickly and I am sad that Steven’s time home is coming to an end. We will have one more family gathering tomorrow, prior to his 6am departure Monday.

Because we are down to one laptop, I was off line and out of touch for a while. Because of Stevens job his vacations are usually working vacations… needless to say I felt like I was missing a limb. BUT, I did take this as an advantage to beg and plead for an iPad! Although I don’t have one I will not give up! I am using our kids tactics of “beating you down until you break!” I figure 9 times out of 10 it works for them… I have one day left to strategically make my case… I will keep ya’ll posted!

Sucre has also added a new item to the bridal line… Garters! I was asked by a client to create two garters for a wedding she is in, and I figured it would be another wonderful product for Sucre. They turned out better than I hoped and I cannot wait to hear what the bride thought. I have also finished another clip for a bride and just love the finished product! I cannot thank the Tami, Allissa and Lindzi for allowing me to be a part of their special days! Thanks girls and I look forward to seeing the photos.







No comments:

Post a Comment