Thursday, January 28, 2010

Unexpected Gifts…

I truly feel there is NOTHING better than unexpected presents from loved ones…this week I have received two gifts in the mail. The first was handmade soap from my Aunt Lynn (whom is a phenomenal artist in Laguna Beach), and the second was a coin heart that reads “you are loved” from my girlfriend Niki… aka Sunshine! I met Niki through another friend and we quickly bonded. She is amazing…she is so smart and funny… she is a HUGE Sucre Lulu fan too… anyway, as I was out today I just kept thinking how small tings are such blessings and they came at the perfect time. Such a God thing… that’s how He works… never early and never late… always on time; I have had an interesting week thus far and Im learning through my Creflo Dollar Bible studies that I CAN manage my stress. With that said, this is what I am doing different this year:

1. Breathe
2. Think before I speak
3. Read my Bible when I need a time out
4. Lower my decimals
5. Don’t use the word STRESS
6. P90X

Anyone who knows me well knows that one of the traits I picked up from my dad was the LOVE of infomercials. I have been wanting for a while to get on a better eating plan… I find myself NOT eating throughout the day and of all people I know this is super unhealthy. Well two days ago I woke up prior to my Bible study and was mesmerized and hypnotized by the P90X… so I am quickly approaching 33 and we are taking the kids on a tropical vacation this summer... we have pretty much decided on Jamaica (Beaches Resort). Therefore, I want to be in the best shape of my life (and stay in it). So I purchased the program. I have been so excited to start. Today yet another unexpected (I was expecting it on the 2nd or 3rd of February) gift came in the mail… it was my P90X kit. I have decided to go with the “lean” program. I ran 2 miles then got crazy with it. Today was my cardio day and it kicked my bum. I can tell my metabolism has kicked up a notch because Im huuuunnngry. I am committed to this and when I have my mind set… well its set. I will post my progress weekly.

I worked on two necklaces and more clips today. I have not had the opportunity to post the pictures, however I will. I am so pleased with how the new clips are turning out. They are so very vintage!

I will be attending my “grandmothers” (brother in laws grandmother, whom I have known for 15 years)funeral this weekend. Grandma Kathy passed away the 7th of January after her organs began to fail. I was honored to put together her power point and memory photo boards. Sys (my sister Erin), my mom and I start the journey to Clearlake Friday at 5:45. I am excited about getting out of town and giggling with Sys and my mom… we have fun together and I know it will be yet another memorable trip.

So, when I get back… I will have updates, photos, and other randomness.

Happy Friday friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment