Thursday, February 11, 2010

A gift for the Pink Ladies....

I received an order for 8 hair clips / pins for next week from my mother in law. I was excited to work on these because they will be passed out to 8 of her very best girlfriends from high school. Here is a bit of history… my mother in law was not only Miss Fremont in her youth, but also a cheer captain for her high school. Every year for the past 20 plus years the cheer team meets for a “girls only” vacation in February. In years past they go to Tahoe, but last year they decided 2010 would be the year they did something different. They decided on a cruise to Mexico. For months my mother in law has been working out, eating vegan and preparing for the trip. It is actually heart warming to hear the excitement in her voice. The only part of the vacation that she is apprehensive about it the color she was instructed to wear the duration of the trip (and Steven and I still cannot figure out the reasoning behind wearing a particular color)….anyway, the color is PINK! Now, anyone who knows my mother in law knows pink is her LEAST favorite color. I told her to purchase or bring me the dark colors she loves and we will embellish with “pink!” So, last night I finished the 8 clips / pins for her… each one is different and I absolutely love them. I am not a pink person; however I will be making a few for myself to wear this Spring…


No comments:

Post a Comment